The mental health consequences of COVID-19 are being described as the “fourth wave” of the pandemic, and are projected to result in the greatest and most enduring health footprint.
Knowing our triggers, building quality relationships, reaching out for support, practicing calm-down strategies, talking kindly to ourselves, remembering to laugh, allowing ourselves to cry... it's all part of boosting our resilience so we have the endurance we need to get through this pandemic. Together.
Regardless of where our stress comes from -- family, relationships, finances, health, work, or school – learning and practicing ways to recover quickly & effectively from setbacks can create significant benefits -- for all of us.
TRM Resilience Training Sessions are an online group experience designed as a fun and interactive game. Participants come together online, once a week for 7 weeks and practice new skills by “playing hard” with courage, humility, honesty and vulnerability, self-awareness, engagement, and empathy.
By allowing ourselves to play, we tap into our creative energy. We become less reactive, more positive, and more likely to create the future we desire for ourselves. Even the slightest positive shift in our behaviours or patterns can set us on a path toward a healthier, more desirable future.
Over the 7 weeks, participants will learn skills based on theories & practices including:
· Emotional intelligence & self-regulation
· Non-violent communication
· Helpful & unhelpful thinking patterns
· Managing boundaries & setting healthy expectations
· Goal setting & problem-solving
We will cover these themes:
1. Awareness of personal motivation
2. Life-Stress Inventory
3. Gaining Awareness
4. Unlearning old ways and learning new ways of coping with stress
6. Emotional connections are a deep intrinsic need
7. Feeling alone in our stress
8. Introducing Self Care
9. Working on Self Care
10. Conflicting & Unrealistic Desires
11. Managing Desires
12. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and the impact ACES have on our resilience
13. Using resilience to reshape our beliefs
14. Building resilience is a process, not a single event
15. Focusing on change
16. Recap learnings
17. Practice Resilience: Experience calming before problem-solving.
18. Spirituality – Connecting with a higher power or purpose
We are ALL experiencing setbacks & stress, change and uncertainty, challenges with workplace performance, strained relationships, and struggles with self-regulation.
The most important thing to remember is that there are things we CAN DO to help ourselves, our families, and our colleagues feel better and take steps for a healthier future.
To find out more, and to Reserve Your Spot visit: www.sophieabboud.com/resiliencetraining
The August 2020 Resilience Training sessions start soon!
(Article written by Catherine North a business partner of Sophie Abboud)